Saturday, August 06, 2005

Technology on Center Stage



Hi again from Chicago (Oak Brook, Illinois to be precise). This is another special experimental podcast. This is the first podcast of one of the presentations from the National Conference on Keyboard Pedagogy.
Timothy Hester presents an "informance" in which MIDI and reproducing technologies like the Yamaha Disklavier are actively used to enhance artistry and effectiveness in practice, performance, and pedagogy.
I probably should have asked permission to record people first, but hey, it's all for the sake of education. Dr. Magrath is ill at home and might even want to hear what she missed!
Pardon the sound quality as I recorded this from about the 4th row with my Powerbook G4. You can even hear me typing notes on the keyboard as the recording goes on. I really could use an external microphone.

No comments: