Sunday, May 14, 2006

HughSung.com and a new job

I'm happy to welcome Hugh Sung from the Curtis Institute of Music in Philadelphia as a subscriber to the Piano Podcast!

I came across his blog/podcast recently and discovered we shared similar interests in technology, music, and podcasting. I was particularly flattered by his comments in a recent post that he made where he stated that I was added to his podcast playlist and how much he enjoyed the group piano video podcast episode with Julie Knerr.

Hugh invited me to be interviewed on his podcast in the future through the magic of audio chat software (likely going to use the Gizmo Project application).

I probably won't be able to do anything with that until June as I'm tied up with an online course that I'm teaching for the University of Oklahoma intersession these next few weeks. Plus, I'm happy to officially announce that I accepted a job with the music school at Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, Texas! I'll be Coordinator of Class Piano and Piano Pedagogy. Needless to say that I'm excited and grateful for this opportunity. So if you're looking to major in music and piano or piano pedagogy, then consider Stephen F. Austin State University! Maybe I'll see you in class!

Hugh also obliged me by putting his pin in my Frappr map. So if you haven't added your pin yet, go ahead and add it today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks so much for mentioning me! I really look forward to collaborating together at some point in the future on a joint podcast and maybe some other fun projects! Congratulations and best wishes on your new job - it sounds fantastic!
All the best,
Hugh

slab said...

Again, congratulations.