Thursday, September 01, 2005

NioCast: He's walking!


Recorded on September 1, 2005. Nio had only taken 2 or 3 steps on his own. Today, he started to get more courage and was able to take more steps on his own.
Pretty quiet birthday that I had this week with the family. Seeing Nio walk more by himself was a good enough gift for me.
Gas prices are out of control. I filled up because I figured that the prices aren't going to stabilize or drop anytime soon. I normally go to Albertson's or 7-eleven to get gas, but they were already at $3.09 per gallon. I know other parts of the country have it worse. $3.00 per gallon at the closest Texaco was the best I could find. The final damage was $25.25. I never paid that much to fill up the good ol' Honda Civic.
I find it kind of insulting to the victims of Hurricane Katrina when I keep hearing the media blame the rising gas prices on this disaster. I'm sure there may be some impact, but there's more to this than meets the eye. That's just the conspiracy theorist in me talking again.
It's interesting that during this video podcast of us getting all jovial for Nio's walking, you can hear the TV discussing the horrible news down in New Orleans.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Here in Chicago gas has hit $4/gal., but I take the metro so am not really effected. I think Hurricane Katrina is gonna be used as an excuse to jack up prices for the Labor Day weekend, which is a pretty pathetic way to rip people off.