Sunday, November 12, 2006

Back to Basics - Minor Triads and Last Christmas


As a follow up to the last online lesson on Major 5-finger patterns and chords, I go over how to change any major triad to a minor triad. Then we apply that knowledge to play "Last Christmas". The song was composed by George Michael and performed by Wham! The arrangement that I teach is based off a remake done by the band, Jimmy Eat World.




Jimmy Eat World - Christmas EP - Last Christmas
Click this iTunes button to buy the Jimmy Eat World version of "Last Christmas".



If you want to buy the sheet music for the Wham! version of "Last Christmas" from musicnotes.com, follow this link:


George Michael - Last Christmas - Sheet Music (Digital Download)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo Mario,

Wonderful podcast about basics. I am not taking any formal classes for learning music, but i am learning on my own whenever i find free time.

Your podcasts are a great source for both learning and getting inspiration to learn more.

Thank you very much Mario and I would definitely hope to see more of your lessons in future.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mario, let me tell you that I've been in piano lessons for about 4 months now, and this idea of yours I think is nothing but GREAT, sometimes you come out of classes and you want to learn more and more, and this videos of you like Clocks and Trouble help me a lot on this piano hunger.

I entered to your "myspace" page and I tried to add me on your map but I couldn't, but just to let you know, I'm from San Jose, Costa Rica (Central America for those who dont know where that is).

So thanks a lot and I hope you post a lot more of videos of "How to play ... on piano"