Sunday, March 19, 2006

How to Play Clocks by Coldplay


In this video podcast, I show how to play the piano part to the song, "Clocks", by Coldplay.

Duration: 4:34
File Size: 24.1 MB
File Format: MPEG-4 Video Podcast (.m4v)

Update: As of August 1, 2006, the YouTube version of this video podcast has received over 10,000 views and has been favorited 176 times. Pretty cool. Of course, when I see that other videos are up in the hundreds of thousands of views, then it's a bit more humbling. Nonetheless, this is by far the most popular podcast episode of the bunch. Hopefully once I get settled into my new job and home, I'll be able to do more followups to this.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mario,
Just introduced Dr. Raiber to the PianoPodcast. He likes it.

Mason

Anonymous said...

Hey Mario,

I like you blog here. Just downloaded
the coldplay video. I'm a guitar player.
This kind of lesson is just what I wanted. Great Work.

Art4b (thanks for the poster frame help )

Jason Chuck said...

Just came across this video at Google Video. Very cool, now i'm forced to buy the sheet music cause of you. As an idea, you should look into monitizing your site by adding adsense or something. Just a thought now that i'm inspired to buy stuff.

Cheers,

Jason

Anonymous said...

Terrific! Don't know if you're the only one blogging this kind of stuff but this is just what most people want: very clear explanation and so cool.
I knew clocks already, but by looking at the video I've discovered the "accents" on the notes (3-3-2) which makes it sound a whole lot different. These are the little things that one does oversee while simply looking at the sheet (accents are often not in it). Please keep on going. Can you also blog Radioheadmusic (Karma Police-Pyramid Song f.eq. That would be great!!!!

Anonymous said...

You f%$@ing rock Mario!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great Job teaching people the work

Anonymous said...

That was great I ve looked every were for some one to teach me that. THANKS

sophomorecritic said...

Mario, awesome that Gwenyth gives you a thumbs up, but your skills speak for themselves. I didn't decide to do this for a living but occasionally i show people like my aunt, how to play a song like Clocks.

Help me out here:
I learned it as Dmajor-Aminor-Cmajor-E minor
I guess if you took the D, A and E up a half-step you would get Eflat minor, Eflat Eflatminor and Fminor, but where does the C fit in?

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mario just wanted to thank you for showing how to play that song. I've always wanted to learn. Keep up the good work!!!